CBG Systems a world leader in panelised structural fire protection has recently launched the most innovative structural fire protection system against hydrocarbon fire and shock.
The RAN-30 System is a Class N-30 fire division specifically developed for the defence industry. This unique structural fire division has been developed to withstand hydrocarbon fire and shock. Unlike other passive fire protection products, the RAN- 30 System consists of panels mounted below the deckhead allowing easy access to the vessel structure. Other potential areas of application are cargo spaces, hangars and main machinery spaces.
The RAN-30 System has been tested in accordance with the US Navy Specification Mil-PRF-32161; Mil-STD-3020; UL 1709 time/temperature fire curve and; Mil-S-901D (shock test specification).
The RAN-30 System’s main advantages are:
- Rapid access: the system provides rapid access to the vessel’s services and structure which are generally covered by conventional insulation;
- Efficient area coverage: panel standard size is 1200x900mm providing efficient area coverage;
- Reduced maintenance costs: ease of handling and removal/ replacement of panels reduces maintenance costs significantly over the life of the vessel;
- Ease in-service maintenance: installation/removal of panels in-service is achieved by way of quarter turn corner discs, and removable cover strips and plates. The panels can be removed/replaced efficiently allowing ready, non-destructive, access to services and the vessel’s structure;
- Reduced ‘through-life’ service costs: decreased handling, greater access to services, increased speed of installation; minimal wastage and containment of loose fibres all result in reduced ‘through-life’ service costs;
- Shock resistant: the system has been shock tested in accordance with Mil-S-901D, providing excellent shock resistance characteristics and resulting in no degradation of the system’s fire performance;
- Versatile: the system’s support structure can be installed with reduced interference to other trades during final stages of vessel building or repair;
- Penetrations: the system allows the installation of penetration for installation of services such as sprinkler heads (AFFF nozzles) and light recesses.
For more information, a white paper on the product can be found here.