Barker Jørgensen Industrial Fans for the Marine and Offshore Industry
Barker Jørgensen designs and constructs a large selection of fans and blowers for the marine industry. All the company’s products are designed to be highly efficient with a strong build quality, in compliance with all of the marine industry’s quality standards and requirements.
Fans supplied by Barker Jørgensen include:
- Main supply fans (MSF)
- Main extract fans (MEF)
- Draft fans (PFDF)
- Combustion fans (PFCF)
- Boiler fans (BHF)
- Fluid bed exhaust fans (FBEX)
Barker Jørgensen fans are used throughout the industry in applications such as inert gas systems (IGS), marine boilers and incinerators. The centrifugal fan programme will typically cover airflows from 1,000m³/h to 400,000m³/h, and pressures of up to 10psi.
All Barker Jørgensen’s fans are designed and manufactured with quality as the primary parameter, thus giving long lifetime and high stability. All fans are tested and analysed before shipment.
Decades of supplying ship and marine vessel fans
The company uses its vast experience and history of supplying fans for marine applications to provide expert support to project engineers and buyers looking for the ideal fan or blower solution.
Specific requirements of almost any type can be implemented into the final fan’s design and manufacture, including:
- Surface treatments (pickling, polishing, glass blasting, galvanization or with epoxy)
- Noise reduction
- Vibration damping
- Energy efficiency
Marine-specific features for industrial fans and blowers
Barker Jørgensen caters to all requirements of the marine and shipping industry. Available features include:
- Attenuators in mild steel as well as stainless-steel
- Noise cabinets with easy access,and easy on-site assembly
- Casing available in mild steel, corten, AISI 304, AISI 316 and AISI 321
- Insulation available in AISI 304, 316, galvanized-steel or aluminum
- High quality dampers and vanes for manual regulation as well as actuator-controlled
- CIP nozzles and shaft seals as per customer requirements
- Flexible connections with installation guide
- Fans can be surface treated by pickling, polishing, glass blasting, galvanization or with epoxy
- Fans can be seal-welded to prevent corrosion-causing cavities, which can easily occur when installed above deck
- Marine motors from major brands, such as ABB, Siemens, WEG, Bevi, etc. as per customer specifications
As barker Jørgensen recognises the marine industry’s need for fast and flexible service, worldwide service is offered for all products.
High-efficiency fans for ships
Originally established in 1918, Barker Jørgensen has focused on supplying high-efficiency fans for the last 50 years. Today, the company has production facilities in Denmark and China, manufacturing to the highest standards at both locations.
Please note that punctuality is a top priority at Barker Jørgensen, and with its focus on timely delivery the company has been awarded the Aalborg Industries Supplier’s Award.
To find out more about Barker Jørgensen’s products, or to make an enquiry, please contact us using the form or details below.