Pemamek Delivers a Modern Flat Panel-Line to Baku Shipyard
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Pemamek Delivers a Modern Flat Panel-Line to Baku ShipyardPemamek
Pemamek Oy has agreed on design, construction and delivery of a flat panel-line for Baku Shipyard LLC in Azerbaijan. After completion in early 2013, Baku Shipyard will operate a latest-technology flat panel-line for ship-panel fabrication in their new facility.
The scope of the delivery is a complete 12m flat panel-line with:
- PEMA OSW one-side welding station with magnet clamping
- PEMA PTU panel rotating system
- lifting boom arrangement for panel turning for two-sided welding
- PEMA SMP stiffener mounting and tack welding station
- PEMA SWP stiffener welding portal
- PEMA WMP web mounting and tack-welding station
- Four PEMA SP service portals for finalising the welds
- PEMA TS transportation trains
- PEMA LOS load-out station
- Necessary conveyor lines.
The panel line utilises high-tech welding power sources from Lincoln Electric Corporation - Pemamek's strategic global partner for providing world-leading welding equipment, technology and consumables. Together, Lincoln's welding technology and PEMA's welding automation solutions for shipyards and the offshore industry will bring unparalleled productivity to Baku Shipyard panel production.
"Baku Shipyard decided to invest in PEMA believing that, as one of the leading companies in the world, PEMA will be an excellent counterpart, committed to providing us with the best equipment and services that will contribute to our productivity and position us to deliver high quality jobs and projects for our clients,"says David Loh, general manager of Baku Shipyard.
"We consider this a major breakthrough in our effort on the Caspian Sea shipbuilding market together with our agent, Caspian Engineering Technology (CET) of Azerbaijan," says Jukka Rantala of PEMA, "We are really looking forward to work with SOCAR and Keppel Offshore and Marine, and see this project as an opportunity to forge good co-operation into long-term partnerships with them."