STX OSV Holdings has won a NOK1.4bn ($232.6m) contract from Ocean Installer and Solstad Offshore for the design and construction of a large, advanced offshore subsea construction vessel (OSCV).
The vessel will be designed by STX OSV and Solstad in cooperation with Ocean Installer on OSCV 06L design.
It will have a length of 156.7m, width of 27m, aft cargo deck space of 2,100m² and space to accommodate 140 crew members.
The OSCV vessel will be equipped with a 150t vertical lay system (VLS), a 3,000t below-deck carousel and remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) in hangars launched through moonpools.
A pair of AHC offshore cranes (400t and 100t) will be installed on the vessel, which can both operate at a water depth of 3,000m.
Including the 3000t carousel, launching and recovery systems for ROV's (LARS), project management, spare parts and mobilisation, the cost of the OSCV will go up to NOK1.5bn ($249.2m) including the 150t vertical lay spread system (VLS) worth NOK200m ($33m).
The vessel will be built according to latest environmental standards with focus on low fuel consumption and compliance with DNV clean design requirements.
Main engine power of the OSCV will be approximately 21,000kW.
The hull of the vessel will be delivered from STX OSV in Romania while the vessel is scheduled to be delivered from STX OSV in Norway in the second quarter of 2014.
After delivery, Solstad Offshore will have a 30% ownership stake in the shipowning company, while Ocean Installer will hold the remaining 70% with Solstad having an option to hike its ownership to 50%.
Image: The OSCV will have a length of 156.7m, width of 27m and 2,100m2 of cargo deck space. Photo: STX OSV