Seagoing vessels often face severe marine climates and experience recurrent wet-dry cycles, which accelerate cathodic/anodic reactions and corrosion that damage their submerged hulls, propulsion components, tanks, and deck equipment.
Ship owners can effectively prevent and control ship corrosion by applying corrosion-resistant coatings on vessel surfaces that have more exposure to seawater along with implementing proper maintenance procedures involving corrosion and cathodic protection treatments.
Suppliers of anti-corrosion, cathodic protection, coatings, and insulation products
Ship Technology has listed leading manufacturers and suppliers of anti-corrosion, cathodic protection, coatings, and insulation products. The directory includes established suppliers of anti-corrosive coatings, acid sprays, washing, blasting and painting services for ships.
The information available in the download document is useful for procurement officers, shipbuilders, owners and operators, ship maintenance technicians, and any other individual involved in the purchase of anti-corrosion, cathodic protection, coatings and insulation products and services for their shipping fleet.
The document contains detailed information on the manufacturers and suppliers and their product/service offerings, alongside contact details to assist with purchasing or hiring decisions.
Anti-corrosion, marine cathodic protection and coatings for ships
Anti-corrosion, cathodic protection, coatings and insulation products and solutions used for ships include:
- Abrasives, blasting and painting equipment
- Anodes, treatment tanks, impressed current cathodic protection (ICCP) and ultrasound for anti-fouling and anti-corrosion systems
- High-pressure water blasters and water blasting equipment
- Marine cathodic protection and pipeline anti-fouling systems
- Mono and plural-component paint sprayers for corrosion protection application
- Nanotechnology-based protective coatings
- Surface treatment, marine anti-corrosion, and cleaning services
- Sacrificial anode systems and hull condition monitoring
Choosing corrosion protection and insulation solutions
Corrosion can have varying effects on different metallic components of a ship based on its exposure to different corrosive environments. Using waterproof insulation around electrical circuits and cable connectors saves electrical equipment and systems from serious damages caused by corrosion.
It is therefore, important to choose long-lasting and cost-effective coating materials for ships at the time of construction and inspect corrosion-prone areas and treat them during periodic maintenance schedules.