On 31 January, the Zamakona Yards Group successfully launched the "Ocean Marilin" in its installations...
Zamakona Yards organised a lecture-conference meeting focused on the offshore oil and gas market in West Africa in cooperation with the Naval Repairers Association (RNA) on Monday the 6th of May.
Our group is aware of the strategic importance that this booming industry has to the port of Las Palmas, and the great challenges the ship repair industry will face in the coming years. The goal is for the Port of La Luz and Las Palmas to achieve a leading position serving this emerging market.
The presentation was given by Mr Adolfo Marrodán, Naval Mechanical Engineer with an MBA in Shipping and Ports, who has extensive industry experience and has undertaken most of his professional work in West Africa.
The event was held in the auditorium of the Port Authority, with the presence of Mr Luis Ibarra (President of the Port Authority of Las Palmas) and Mr Borja Garaygordóbil (Deputy Director of Zamakona Yards in the Canary Islands).
The conference was attended by over 70 people from major ship repair companies within the sector in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria.
The programme addressed various topics such as:
- The history of offshore business
- Sector requirements to work as providers of products and services
- General current situation overview of the oil sector today (upstream, midstream and downstream) and future prospects globally and in Africa
- Main players in the niche offshore upstream sector
- Offshore sector impact on the maritime economy and on upstream
- Analysis of companies involved in the sector
- Legal and regulatory aspects
To finish, we wish to express our gratitude to all participants for their attendance and to Mr Adolfo Marrodán and Mr Luis Ibarra for supporting this initiative.
The Echebaster Group received its new tuna-freezer vessel last Saturday at 12:00 from Zamakona Yards...
As part of our programme to improve our services for our customers, we are proud...
Last August, the Social Marine Institute awarded our shipyard in Pasaia the repair, maintenance and...