Honeywell Enraf today introduced the Fusion4 MSC-A, a highly advanced yet easy-to-use controller that uses intuitive technology similar to today’s phone apps to help ensure more efficient and safer petrochemical-handling operations.
The Fusion4 MSC-A’s ground-breaking interface makes it simple to use. The controller is operated using intuitive, on-screen icons, which reduces training time and improves accuracy. The interface delivers detailed process data, resulting in superior operational monitoring.
Honeywell Enraf general manager Richard Thompson said: "The Fusion4 MSC-A puts control of the operation back in the hands of the user. We’ve used a smart interface to give rich, clear information on the transfer operation. This new controller is more precise, secure and safe, and provides superior traceability."
The Fusion4 MSC-A offers the most advanced functionality of any additive controller available. Key features include:
- The only device in the world capable of live data transfer in hazardous areas. Safe, secure two-way data communication with the handheld Fusion4 local access device allows rapid transfer of transaction data, configuration files and calibration records
- Advanced process monitoring and control for up to 12 streams simultaneously at the load rack
- Detailed transactional data, alarms, diagnostics and calibration event logging for a secure audit trail for business and regulatory auditing
- Fast, efficient management of multiple systems and sites
- Compatibility with Honeywell Enraf’s safe area device monitoring software package Fusion4 Portal for remote monitoring and configuration of hazardous area devices, as well as MID-approved bill of lading printing, scheduled summary printing, alarm management and transaction audit trails to boost efficiency and compliance
The Fusion4 MSC-A can be supplied as a standalone device or coupled with additive injection hardware for a complete off-the-shelf additive solution. Allowing any downstream oil and gas operation to add standalone additive injection capability, it seamlessly integrates with industry standard terminal automation systems and load computers, and avoids the need for expensive alterations to existing equipment and infrastructure.
The Fusion4 MSC-A joins a Fusion4 portfolio that includes the Fusion4 MiniPak single-stream additive controller and Fusion4 BioBlend and Microblender blend controllers. Honeywell Enraf has approximately 100,000 additive injectors in operation worldwide.