CGGVeritas has formed a new joint venture (JV ) with Norwegian ship owner Eidesvik Offshore under the name CGGVeritas Eidesvik Ship Management .

The JV is planning to manage ten of CGGVeritas’s high-capacity 3D vessels, including its two new X-Bow vessels, Oceanic Vega and Oceanic Sirius.

CGGVeritas will hold a 49% stake in the new JV while Eidesvik will hold the remaining 51%.

The JV will manage a fleet of high-end seismic vessels with an integrated team of skilled ship management professionals to support and develop the performance of the fleet.

CGGVeritas and Eidesvik are both contributing resources and support to the joint venture.