APM Terminals (APMT), which currently owns a 60% stake in the Aarhus facility operated by its joint partner Aarhus Service, will now gain complete ownership of the facility by taking over the remaining 40% stake in the facility for an undisclosed amount. An agreement for the same has been signed between the two companies.

The facility, which is located in Denmark, is 15m-deep and can accommodate feeder vessels as well as ultra-large container ships. It is also fitted with super post-Panamax cranes and three post-Panamax cranes.

The acquisition will help APM Terminals to further grow its hold in the Scandinavian region.

“The acquisition will help APM Terminals to further grow its hold in the Scandinavian region.”

Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri has entered a joint venture (JV) agreement with China State Shipbuilding (CSSC) to build the first-ever cruise ships to be made in China.

As per the agreement, all ships will be built at the SWS facility, CSSC’s shipyards, using modern technology currently in use by Fincantieri, who will also provide consultancy services and components of the vessels, under the agreement.

The JV is considered to be a major paradigm in the cruise industry.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Sydney City Marine, an Australian shipyard, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Damen Shipyards Group, which entitles the Australian company to repair and offer maintenance services for vessels built by the Dutch shipyard company in Australia and New Zealand.

The scope of repair work as per the MoU will comprise steel works, painting, boiler making, pipe fitting and carpentry. Supply of construction materials will also be a part of the repair on offer.

The Netherlands-based shipyard company will provide specialist technical assistance, engineering capacity, parts and equipment. The deal will prove to be beneficial for the shipyard’s Australian clients.

Sydney City Marine can lift 60m-long ships weighing up to 80t.