Share this article

Nakilat Damen Shipyards Qatar (NDSQ) has delivered two 16m-long mooring boats to towage operator Nakilat SvitzerWijsmuller in the port of Ras Laffan.

The two moorings boats are the first boats to be delivered out of a seven-vessel order that was awarded to NDSQ by Nakilat SvitzerWijsmuller.

The two Stan Tug 1606 boats are named Ras Al Allaj Qatar and Al Esaiwed and will be used in the port of Ras Laffan and will work on a long-term charter to Qatar petroleum.

NDSQ is a joint venture between Nakilat, a transporter of liquefied natural gas (LNG), and Damen, a shipbuilding company.

Jointly the two companies operate a shipbuilding facility that builds ships of up to 170m in steel, aluminium or glass reinforced plastic.

Nakilat owns 70% of Nakilat SvitzerWijsmuller and the other 30% is owned by Svitzer Middle East.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData

The company manufactures vessles such as tug boats, pilot boats, line boats and crew boats and also offers a range of services including towing, escorting, berthing, pilot support, line handling services afloat and ashore, emergency response, and marine maintenance support.

Currently, the company operates a fleet of about 25 vessels at the port of Ras Laffan and five more vessels at Halul Island. It also performs close to 12,500 tug jobs every year in the port.

Image: Nakilat Damen launches the first two mooring boats of a seven-vessel contract. Photo: courtesy of Damen Shipyards Group.