New Fortress Energy (NFE) and Apollo have announced the creation of a new $2bn liquefied natural gas (LNG) maritime platform called Energos Infrastructure.

Formed as part of a previously announced joint venture (JV), Energos is the owner and operator of 11 LNG infrastructure vessels.

The 11-vessel portfolio includes six floating storage and regasification units (FSRUs), two LNG carriers (LNGCs), and three floating storage units (FSUs).

The company will establish its headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, US, where it will provide support for the transition to cleaner, affordable energy.

Apollo-managed funds own a nearly 80% stake in Energos, while the remaining 20% stake is owned by NFE.

Supported by long-term contracts and benefitted by NFE’s LNG downstream operations and development activities, the global marine infrastructure platform offers key infrastructure for the delivery, storage and regasification of LNG to countries globally.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Under the deal, ten vessels from the platform will be chartered by NFE for up to 20 years.

The platform will support NFE’s projects across the globe and provide services to a diversified customer base of utilities and energy companies under third-party charters.

Arthur Regan will serve as CEO of Energos, as well as a director on the company’s board.

NFE chairman and CEO Wes Edens said: “Reliable energy infrastructure is essential to address the global energy crisis and reduce emissions.

“We are pleased to partner with Apollo to launch a premier LNG maritime infrastructure company that will enhance our efforts to bring cleaner fuel and energy security to customers around the world.”