Our new machining capability was functional and necessary when we carried out this recent job which included the on-site machining of a seal seat for a waterjet with an outer diameter of 1,555mm.
This process involved :
- Boring the stern tube, boring the rudder neck bearings, and boring of the rudder horn
- Machining the cones in rudder blades, and machining the cones on shafts
- Welding rudder blade cones
- Machining and welding damage on the shafts
- Aligning the shaft line and rudder line
- Jack-up tests
- Run-out measurement services
- Shaft withdrawal
- Disassembly and assembly/fitting
- Grinding and polishing
We hope you will keep us in mind for your next on-site request.