Japanese shipping company Mitsui OSK Lines has delivered a coal carrier vessel OI MARU, which is set to serve Singaporean company JERA Trading.

Delivered at Imari Shipyard and Works, the vessel was jointly developed by Namura Shipbuilding and MOL.

With dimensions of 249.97m and 43m and a depth of 18.7m, the ship features a wide-beam / shallow-draft configuration to maximise transportation volume and is equipped with multiple advanced safety and energy-saving features.

MOL operated similar vessels Shin Yahagi Maru and Nagara Maru. The new vessel will join this fleet and will help to support coal transportation to Chubu Electric Power’s Hekinan Thermal Power Plant.

Last month, MOL delivered LNG carrier CESI Lianyungang under a contract by the joint venture of China COSCO Shipping (CCSC) and China Petroleum & Chemical (SINOPEC) at Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (Group).

“With a cargo tank capacity of 174,100m3, it will be responsible for transporting LNG from the Australia Pacific LNG Project.”

This ship, with a length of 290m and breadth of 45.6m, will be the sixth vessel to serve in the China LNG Transportation Project that was announced in April 2013.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

With a cargo tank capacity of 174,100m3, it will be responsible for transporting LNG from the Australia Pacific LNG Project.

The other five vessels, already delivered to the Chinese joint venture, continue to operate under a joint ship management company, in which MOL owns 20% stake. The remaining 80% interest is owned by CCSC and SINOPEC.

These six LNG carriers were said to be developed under the supervision of a team comprising technical experts from various countries.