Share this article

Eni Norge has selected ship and offshore classification society DNV GL to deliver inspection services for the Goliat platform in the Barents Sea.

A framework agreement for the services has also been signed by both the companies. The contract has a base performance period of three years and comes with a two-year extension option.

As part of the contract, the services comprise of planning and inspecting static equipment, load-bearing structures and offloading and anchoring systems aboard the platform.

Services under the contract will be delivered during the operational life of the platform.

“The contract is part of Eni Norge’s aim to create spin-off effects connected with the Goliat project.”

The cylindrical Goliat platform is a floating production, storage and off-loading unit (FPSO), and is equipped with a range of technological systems, which are specially designed to suit the conditions in the Barents Sea.

Goliat is claimed to be the first field developed in the Norwegian sector, and the estimated reserves are 174 million barrels of oil and eight billion standard cubic metres of gas.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData

The contract is part of Eni Norge’s aim to create spin-off effects connected with the Goliat project, and will help further reinforce the petroleum cluster in Northern Norway.

It will also support DNV GL’s business strategy for growth in Northern Norway and focus on services associated with Arctic operations.

In relation to the new agreement, DNV GL may move personnel to Hammerfest, while its sub-contractor ApplusRTD will set-up a branch in Hammerfest in 2015.

DNV GL has earlier worked for Eni Norge in the field of oil spill contingency from the company’s Harstad section.

A part of Eni, an Italian integrated energy company, Eni Norge operates the Goliat field. It owns a 65% interest in the field, with the remaining 35% being held by partner firm Statoil.