View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
August 17, 2016

Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering, Eastern Pacific Industrial form joint venture company

Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering (MMHE), a subsidiary of Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings (MHB), has entered into a joint venture (JV) agreement with Eastern Pacific Industrial (EPIC) to form a new marine vessels repairing company.

Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering (MMHE), a subsidiary of Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings (MHB), has entered into a joint venture (JV) agreement with Eastern Pacific Industrial (EPIC) to form a new marine vessels repairing company.

The new JV, called MMHE EPIC Marine & Services, will provide marine vessels repair services, which include dry docking repair, refit, refurbishment, maintenance and technical solutions at ship repair facilities located in Kemaman, Terengganu, Malaysia.

In MMHE EPIC Marine & Services, MMHE owns a 70% stake and the remaining 30%  is owned by EPIC.

"The JV Company aspires to become a major player in the marine repair and services industry."

The JV has MMHE’s existing expertise in marine and oil and gas services and EPIC’s integrated facilities in Kemaman.

In order to operate the new company, MMHE and EPIC have already acquired a floating dock with an around 5,000t capacity from South Korea’s Yeisu Ocean.

Last month, the floating dock was delivered to Kemaman.

Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering acting chief executive officer Cik Wan Mashitah Wan Abdullah Sani said: “MMHE EPIC Marine & Services Sdn Bhd has the competency and capabilities to deliver solutions, dry docking repair services within target cost and schedule; while maintaining the highest performance in safety, quality and ethics.

“Equipped with the proven track record of both EPIC and MMHE, the JV Company aspires to become a major player in the marine repair and services industry.”

MMHE is involved with ship repairs, dry docking upgrades, conversions, modifications and other shipyard-related business activities, and offers full engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC) for the offshore oil and gas industry.

Eastern Pacific Industrial group managing director and CEO En Noor Fadzil Mohamed Nor said: “Being a state-linked company, this joint venture agreement with MMHE can also be seen as part of the State’s sub-projects, in order to spearhead the oil and gas industrial sectors to grow stronger, and further contribute to the state’s economic sector.”

EPIC offers services to the marine and oil & gas industries, including an integrated customs bonded supply base, fabrication, threading, shut-down and maintenance services.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Ship Technology