Singapore-based PSA Corporation has formed a joint venture (JV) with HMM in Singapore to achieve improved operational efficiency in container operations.

The formation of the JV is pending regulatory approvals and will be named HMM-PSA Singapore Terminal Pte (HPST).

HPST is expected to begin operations this year. PSA holds a 58% stake in the JV, while the remaining 42% is held by HMM.

The partnership is expected to provide ‘long-term hubbing certainty’ to the global fleet of HMM in Singapore.

PSA and HMM plan to work on operational technology developments and innovations.

The companies aim to ensure that they deliver improved service and meet the expectations of their customers with the help of the partnership and technology.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

PSA International Regional CEO Southeast Asia Ong Kim Pong said: “We are honoured to join forces with HMM, one of the world’s top ocean carriers and a globally integrated logistics company, to maximise operational synergies and address the rapidly changing landscape of the shipping industry.

“PSA and HMM have had a steadfast and long-standing working relationship and we are excited to take this partnership to the next level, achieving a strategic win-win for both parties.

“We look forward to working alongside HMM to unlock the potential of our combined strengths and capabilities.”

HMM president and CEO Jae-hoon Bae added: “We believe this joint venture terminal in Singapore plays a significant role as a springboard for both parties to move forward to a new phase.

“In addition, HMM looks forward to creating greater synergy for our 24,000 TEU vessels by securing a berth on arrival and providing more reliable services for our customers through the joint venture.

In April, HMM revealed the world’s largest containership HMM Algeciras in Geoge, South Korea. The 24,000 TEU ship is the first of the 12 vessels that will be delivered to the company.

In January last year, HMM signed a sales contract to acquire a 50% stake in PSA Hyundai Pusan New-Port Terminal (PHPNT) Pier 4 in Busan, South Korea.