L.A. Maritime and GC Maritime Services have signed acooperation with BSKY Ballast Water Management System (BWMS) as sales and service agents for the US, Canada, Mexico, and South America.
BSKY BWMS is type-approved by Bureau Veritas and Lloyds Register. BSKY is accepted by US Coast Guard as an Alternate Management System (AMS). Very soon, it will be type approved by US-Coast Guard, DNVGL and ABS.
More than 250 devices have already been installed on board seagoing vessels so far.
BSKY BWMS works on the basis of the enhanced physical treatment (EPT), which combines the best properties of mechanical filtering and disinfection:
- Incoming water is cleaned of more than 90% (competition: 25% – 35%) of all sediment with a hydrocyclone filter
- Ballast water than passes through an ultrasonic prefilter, to kill and damage highly resistant microorganisms
- Finally, ballast water is disinfected with ultraviolet rays in the UV module to destroy remaining living germs, fungi, aquatic larvae and other microorganisms
- Chemical free: protection of ballast tank coating, pipes and valves
- Extremely low lower consumption: electric load balance and fuel savings (competitors: up to 60% higher power consumption)
- Simple and compact: minimal space requirement and standard skid mount design
- Very low operating cost: no consumables
- Easy operation and maintenance: multi-lingual support, smart diagnosis, auto-cleaning
- Very low pressure drop: about 0.4bar – 0.6bar only
- Proven quality of more than 250 installations
Since 2003, L.A. Maritime has provided offshore operators, ship yards, and shipping customers with the speediest possible service by operating seven service hubs in North America: Houston, Miami, New York, New Orleans, Vancouver-Canada, Nassau-Bahamas, and Los Angeles.