drapilux air® – a new generation of textile fabrics for cruise ships, ferries, hotels …
Market Leadership Calls for Constant Innovation
Andreas Metzger, environmental and product analyst at TÜV Rheinland / Berlin Brandenburg, said: “It’s absolutely amazing that such an invention has not been launched before.”
drapilux air® offers completely new and long-lasting benefits which have been achieved as a result of a new, patented active agent and Schmitz-Werke’s initiative to integrate it into flame-resistant Trevira CS fabrics.
- Tobacco smoke and unpleasant smells such as ammonia are eliminated
- Hazardous substances and toxins such as formaldehyde, acetaldehyde and nicotine are part or fully eliminated
Function and Effects of drapilux air®
The active agent in drapilux air® works on a catalyst principle. The moment moving air brings gas molecules into contact with the fabric, drapilux air® starts an adsorption, elimination and conversion process. The result is cleaner, fresher and healthier air.
Added Value and Economic Benefits
Whether it’s a cruise ship, office or an hotel, drapilux air® offers a host of benefits:
- No separate smoking and non-smoking areas are required
- Former smoking rooms can be used by non-smokers, making room planning easier
- Public areas remain fresh – guests associate fresh air with well-being and hygiene
- Airborne hazardous substances are eliminated
- The ambient air in day rooms, restaurants and corridors is improved substantially
- Huge savings as the washing frequency can be reduced by more than 50%
The clear advantages of health, freshness and well-being make drapilux air® superior to conventional fabrics. Only drapilux air® can offer the European market the combination of these benefits with the advantage of flame-retardancy to IMO standards.