Inaugurated in 1996, China (Shanghai) International Boat Show (CIBS) is the most comprehensive and longest-running boat and yacht exhibition in China, covering the entire boating industry chain.
As a regional platform for boating products, equipment, technologies and services, CIBS aims to popularise a maritime lifestyle and yachting culture amongst a rising upper and middle class in China. It is the only Chinese member of the globally recognised International Federation of Boat Show Organisers (IFBSO).
The show is audited by BPA Worldwide and has been awarded a trade show certificate by the US Department of Commerce. It is also the only boat trade show in China to host national pavilions overseas in partnership with governmental entities and associations.
The next CIBS will take place on 26-29 April 2018. The sectors include:
- Boats: super yachts, high-speed boats, power boats, official boats and sailing ships
- Equipment and accessories: supporting and transmission equipment, spare parts, engine / drive / propulsion systems, dock equipment, yacht-related services, trailers and accessories
- Water sports: canoeing, inflatable boats, windsurfing, water skiing, surfing, rubber boats, goggles, diving suits, swimsuits, wakeboarding, water skis, waterproof bags and sports bottles
- Lure fishing: lure bases / clubs / equipment, fishing bait, boats, propellers and detectors
- Recreation vehicle (RV) camping: RVs, accessories and supplies, camping sites, planning and services, and outdoor equipment
- Customised travel: themed tourism, resources and organisations
About UBM Sinoexpo
Shanghai UBM Sinoexpo International Exhibition (UBM Sinoexpo) manages trade shows, offline-to-online (O2O) events, and online business-to-business (B2B) platforms. It is a joint venture between Shanghai Sinoexpo International Exhibition (established in 1992) and UBM Asia, a division of UBM based in London.
UBM Sinexpo’s portfolio includes products for the hospitality, real estate, leisure, pharmaceutical and food processing sectors. The company manages 68 international trade shows with a total area of 950,000m², nine online B2B platforms, and four online and print publications to serve more than 350,000 trade buyers worldwide.
Based in Shanghai, UBM Sinoexpo operates two regional offices in Beijing and Guangzhou, in addition to a joint venture with Guzhen Zhongshan, with a collective workforce of more than 400 employees.