Globe Turbocharger Specialties is a full-service manufacturer that provides turbochargers, parts and service for high, medium and low-speed internal combustion engines from 1,000 to 6,000 horsepower.
Located in Reno, Nevada, US, Globe has more than 30 years’ experience and can provide custom-designed turbochargers to meet customer specific air requirements. In addition to being the ALCO turbocharger original equipment manufacturer, we also provide parts and service for many other OEM turbochargers. Our experienced sales and service department is available 24/7 to assist you with your needs.
Turbocharger service support, manufacturing and parts
Globe Turbocharger Specialties provides turbocharger service support for:
- ALCO as the original equipment manufacturer
We have full manufacturing capabilities for current models of ALCO, EMD and GE turbochargers. Additionally, we can support most Elliott turbocharger requirements.
Turbocharger overhaul services
Whether you require scheduled preventative maintenance or incur unexpected damage to your turbocharger, Globe can repair or replace your damaged equipment. With a 75,000ft² warehouse, Globe stocks what your turbocharger needs to get your unit back in service.
With an unsurpassed reputation for quality, Globe Turbocharger Specialties can keep your trusted equipment in reliable operation for years to come with competitively priced service, knowledgeable staff and workmanship.
Turbocharger performance analysis
Globe Turbocharger Specialties doesn’t take chances. Our design changes and new product development start with the fundamentals of engineering and expand outward utilizing the latest technology available for:
- Mean line / multiple streamline / CFD aerodynamic analysis
- Stress / fatigue / lifecycle analysis
- Real-time validation
Turbocharger replacement parts and services
New and remanufactured turbochargers and turbocharger parts are available for:
- ALCO Models 131, 165, 320, 350, 520, 720 and 730
- Cooper-Bessemer Models ET13 and ET18
- All current GE models
- Napier models NA250
- Most popular Elliott models
- EMD Models 567, 645 and 710
We also offer the following services:
- Conversion of standard EMD turbochargers to fuel-efficient models
- Unit exchange program for remanufactured turbochargers
- Consulting services for research and development
- Design and manufacture of new turbochargers and turbocharger parts by contract
- Worldwide technical service and support, 24/7
Globe has developed innovative techniques to improve the performance of your existing turbocharger. Through the application of aerodynamic analysis and mechanical design, Globe Engineering has developed upgrades or re-engineered aerodynamic components to meet tier emissions regulations.
These upgrades utilize the existing casings, which eliminates the need for costly transitional piping to and from your existing air manifold, air intake, exhaust manifold, oil and coolant connections. This unique method of upgrading turbocharger technology utilizing the existing frame provides cost-effective pollutant emissions reduction while improving fuel efficiency.
Turbocharger component engineering, design and analysis
Globe provides the following turbocharger component engineering, design and analysis services:
- Parametric modelling of turbocharger components
- Aerodynamic design and analysis
- Retrofits and conversions for leaner combustion, lower emissions and higher efficiencies
Custom turbocharger component design
Globe offers custom component design for turbochargers, including precise laser scanning of existing geometry and custom component design through gas dynamic analysis and computational fluid dynamic analysis.