Scott Safety Global Manufacturer and Supplier of Safety Equipment to Marine Workers
Scott Safety is a premier manufacturer of innovative respiratory products and other personal protective equipment for marine workers around the world. With six global manufacturing locations, Scott Safety produces products that protect thousands of individuals each day from environmental hazards including smoke, toxic fumes, combustible gases, falling objects, and contaminants.
The Scott Safety product line includes self-contained breathing apparatus, supplied air and air-purifying respirators, PPE, gas detection instruments and thermal imaging cameras.
Innovative marine safety products
Keeping people safe comes first. Advancing safety itself is a close second. At Scott Safety we do more than build safety equipment. We invent. We improve. We solve. Our goal is bigger than our products. It’s about redefining what’s possible in safety. To that end, we are guided by three principles that drive how we work and what we produce:
- Innovation that makes a difference
- Smarter safety solutions
- A commitment to the customer
Emergency life support apparatus (ELSA)
Renowned as the world’s leading constant flow escape set, the ELSA (emergency life support apparatus) from Scott Safety is designed for rapid escape from hazardous industrial and marine environments.
Now in its third generation, the ELSA emergency life support breathing apparatus is a concept originally pioneered by Scott Safety under its Sabre breathing apparatus brand, and the original design principles continue to this day. The current design is simple and quick to operate, reliable and robust in use and performs to the latest European standard, EN1146.
- 10 or 15 minute versions
- Standard hi-vis or black anti-static bag
- Automatic quick-fire activation
- Unique cubic hood design
- CE-marked in accordance with EN1146
- MED (Shipswheel) approved
- Corrosion-resistant nickel-plated components
- Standard breathing air charging adaptor
- Ten-year service interval
Self-contained breathing apparatus
The Scott Sigma 2 self-contained breathing apparatus combines the highest level of respiratory protection in a simple-to-operate, cost-effective piece of equipment that meets the needs of industrial and marine users.
Sigma 2’s proven durability, reliability and appeal is confirmed by an extensive user base who demand a combination of maximum performance and true operational simplicity.
Sigma 2 features:
- Proven high-performance pneumatic system
- Compact first-breath-activated demand valve with bypass
- Ergonomically designed lightweight backplate and harness
- Flame-retardant webbing with Kevlar cylinder band
- Wide choice of facemasks from the Vision 3, Promask PP and Panaseal ranges
- Corrosion-resistant nickel-plated components
- Simple operation for users
- All components are user-serviceable, low-cost and easy to maintain
- Will accept a wide range of 200 and 300 bar cylinders
Portable single gas monitor
The Protégé ZM single gas monitor is an easy-to-use, zero-maintenance gas detection solution that delivers high performance in a small, ergonomically designed package. It is available in oxygen, carbon monoxide and hydrogen sulphide single gas models.
Like all Scott Safety products, this single gas monitor is incredibly reliable, giving industrial workers and first responders the confidence to focus on the task at hand, not on their equipment.
Once activated, the Protégé ZM monitor does not require charging or calibration so these monitors can be deployed in the field 24 hours a day, every day, for two years, maintenance and hassle-free.
Protégé ZM features:
- Two-year operating life, no charging or calibration required
- Hydrogen sulphide and carbon monoxide models include hibernate feature to extend battery life
- Three point alarm system including audible, visual and tactile alarms
- Customisable LCD display can show remaining operating life, real-time gas readings, or both
- User-configurable alarm set points, bump and calibration reminders
- Data logging capabilities
- IP 66/67-rated enclosure (third-party certified)
Portable multi gas monitor
The Protégé is a personal multi-gas monitor designed to monitor potentially hazardous levels of combustible gases, oxygen enrichment or depletion, carbon monoxide, and hydrogen sulphide. Simple, intuitive user operation enables operators to focus on the situation rather than equipment.
The Protégé is designed with automated maintenance features to reduce cost and time associated with training and maintenance. The included software allows users to set parameters that are specific for their workplace, and has significant data logging capabilities.
- Easy-to-use with one button on, easy calibration and functional self-testing
- Tough, robust construction meets all global regulatory requirements
- Easy-to-maintain with automatic zero and span calibrations, and simple sensor replacement
- Enhanced user ergonomics with unique hourglass design to fit all hand sizes
Positive pressure breathing apparatus with optional escape facility
The Flite is a positive pressure airline breathing apparatus with the option of a 10, 13 or 15-minute compressed air cylinder supply for escape from the most hazardous environments. Ideal for working in confined spaces, the Flite’s robust design has been proven in some of the most arduous working environments.
- Adjustable and padded webbing bandolier harness for comfort and safety
- Can be used with any positive pressure facemask in the Sabre range
- Optional hip-mounted escape cylinders in a range of durations and materials
Products and Services
Scott Safety Expands the Protégé Portable Gas Detection Portfolio with the Addition of the ZM Protégé Single Gas Monitor
Scott Safety announces the introduction of the Protégé ZM Single Gas Monitor - a zero maintenance single gas monitor that is easy to use and delivers high performance in a small, ergonomically designed package.Read more
Scott Safety announces the introduction of the Protégé Multi-Gas Monitor- a technologically-advanced, feature-rich portable multi-gas monitor for industrial and fire applications.Read more
Scott Safety, a premier manufacturer of innovative respiratory and other PPE equipment, has announced the launch of the Sigma 2 Type 2, a low cost SCBA solution that provides high levels of respiratory protection in a simple and cost effective package to meet the new standards required by the latest amendment of the Marine Equipment Directive.Read more
Corodex Industrial Park
United Arab Emirates