RAscal 1800 is a series of azimuth stern drive (ASD) tugs designed by Robert Allan in collaboration with Turkish shipbuilder, Sanmar Shipyard.
Nor Crane & Winch Group is one of the market leaders in pulling and lifting equipment for the offshore and marine market. Nor Crane & Winch is a specialist provider for electrical and hydraulic deck machinery of the offshore and marine industry.
A strategic business setup enables Nor Crane & Winch to stay competitive and offer a reliable support to clients. Capabilities include:
- Norway: engineering, control components
- UAE: sales, project management, service and contracts
- Singapore: testing, commissioning and service
- China: manufacturing, assembly, testing and final completion
- India: sales office
- Brazil: sales office
Marine and offshore winches
Nor Crane & Winch specialises in tailor-made equipment and can provide complete deck machinery packages including electro hydraulic / PTO / electrical drives linked up to main engine diesel electrical drives. All winches are designed to international class rules and can be delivered to full class certificates. Complete packages include, but are not limited to, the following equipment.
Nor Crane & Winch
- Forward or aft towing winch
- Anchor windlass (can be combined with Forward Towing Winch)
- Towing hooks
- Towing winches (can be delivered for full escort service inclusive render / recovering based on each client’s requirements)
- Winches (can be delivered both with electrical or hydraulic drives)
Platform supply vessels:
- Anchor windlass (can be combined with mooring drum)
- Service crane (can be delivered with both electrical and hydraulic drives)
Anchor handling / towing / construction vessels:
- Anchor windlass (can be combined either with mooring or towing drum)
- Single or double drum towing or anchor handler winches up to 300t pull – 450t brake holding
- Sharjaw / towing pins
- Provision cranes both deck and rail mounted
- Offshore cranes
Accommodation / workbarges:
- Mooring systems including sheaves and fairleaders
- Service cranes
- Mooring systems
- Cargo cranes
- Hose handling cranes / provision cranes
Marine and offshore cranes
All cranes are designed according to international class rules and can be delivered with full class certificates. All offshore cranes can be delivered fully complaint with the API 2 Specification.
Provision cranes / hose handling cranes:
- Fixed, telescopic and knuckle jib up to 10t @ 20m radius, hose handling up to 15t @ 20m radius (can be delivered fully prepared for zoned area). Fixed jib type.
- 27t @ 30m radius, standard bulk configuration
Marine service cranes:
- Can be delivered with all three configurations for fixed, knuckle or telescopic jibs upto 30t @ 25m radius
- Knuckle or fixed jib configurations up to 50t, up to 20m radius (can be delivered with full heave compensations)
Marine and offshore services / supply and services
Nor Crane Marine & Offshore Services is offers clients unparalleled expertise and experience within mechanical, hydraulic and electric design, troubleshooting, installations, recondition, testing and supply of components.
Oil and gas:
- Specialises in hydraulics for offshore – onshore rigs and rig equipment. Recondition and manufacture of hydraulic drives and power packs for skidding systems, jacking systems, top drives, and others. Fully experienced to undertake turnkey contracts for piping installations, hydro testing, chemical cleaning, and hot oil flushing for pre-commissioning of all rig equipments.
- Performs full survey, inspection and troubleshooting for all third-party equipment such as cargo / marine cranes, windlasses and mooring systems and davits, inspection for ballast controls, hydraulic and electrical systems, hydraulic steering gears / hydraulic for hatch covers, and others. Also offers service and maintenance agreements that cover full assessment on all pulling and lifting equipment onboard.
Hydraulic and electric systems:
- Design and manufacture of hydraulic power packs, hydraulic controls, starter cabinets, electrical controls
- Overhaul and testing of hydraulic motors, cylinders, valves and pumps
- Troubleshooting, surveys and inspection of all hydraulic equipment. Installation, start-up and commissioning of hydraulic equipment such as winches, cranes, powerpacks, cylinders, and others.
- With access to its parent company’s procurement system, Nor Crane Marine & Offshore Services has a unique sourcing opportunity for components direct from makers such as Kawasaki, Hagglund, Oil Control, Danfoss and other major component manufacturers
Machining and fabrication:
- Nor Crane Marine & Offshore Services is capable of undertaking mechanical structure fabrication work with its own long term experienced in-house fabrication managers
Pre-commissioning services for process systems
Nor Crane Marine & Offshore Services has years of experience on pre-commissioning servicing both for onshore and offshore process plants (refineries, onboard / offshore production as FPSOs / FSOs, pipe and umbilical testing).
- Chemical cleaning
- Hot oil flushing
- Pigging / gauging
- Bolt tension / torqing
- Video inspection
- Nitrogen helium leak detection (with cooperating partners)
- Umbilical testing, electrical / hydraulic
BioMar Group, a global fish feed manufacturer and supplier, ordered a new LNG-powered cargo vessel from Norwegian ship-owner, NSK Shipping, in February 2016. The vessel will be deployed to supply BioMar's fish food to fish farms along the Norwegian coast.
ABB, a leading power and automation technology group, placed an order with Norway-based Kleven Verft (Kleven shipyard) for the world’s most advanced cable laying vessel (CLV), in September 2015.
Aranui 5 is a custom-built, dual-purpose passenger / cargo ship under construction at Huanghai Shipbuilding facility. located in Shandong province, China. The new vessel will replace its predecessor Aranui 3, which entered service in 2003.