The ongoing long-term partnership between Green’s and Damen Shiprepair & Conversion (DSC) saw a team of 30 aftermarket engineers carry out comprehensive inspection, service and repairs to the MHI Steam Boilers onboard EXMAR’s LNG carrier Excalibur.
Work carried out by the team of engineers includes:
- Boiler and economiser inspection and cleaning
- Valve overhauls
- Refractory repairs
- Pressure testing
- Expansion bellows replacement
- Coded welding repairs
- Full overhaul and upgrade of 6 Hamworthy Combustion burners
A number of similar projects have been carried out this year for Damen Shiprepair Brest including MOL’s GDF Suez Point Fortin and Hyproc’s Lalla Fatma N’Soumer.
Damen Shiprepair subcontracting and supply chain manager Frederic Broudin says: “Green’s team is both responsive and proactive, so we have no hesitation in using them for our clients who need a high-quality service provided by experienced and qualified professionals to ensure their vessels are back at sea, working at optimum levels as quickly as possible.”
Green’s presence in the marine market has grown significantly during 2017 and looks set to develop at a similarly impressive rate in 2018. Projects completed over the past twelve months include:
- Manufacture and installation of replacement economiser for John Samonas in Dubai
- Boiler repairs for Carnival UK and Peteronav Ship Management
- Emergency economiser repairs for Nigeria LNG (NLNG)
- Boiler inspections for Maersk North Sea and Kuwait Oil Tanker Company (KOTC)
Green’s is the waste heat recovery specialist company.