Green’s has significantly increased the support it has provided to marine operators around the world over the past 12 months.
Having produced economisers, boilers and waste heat recovery equipment to the industrial, energy and petrochemical sectors for almost 200 years, the UK-based company started supplying products and support services to vessels over 40 years ago and the marine sector now accounts for around 12% of Green’s £12m turnover.
Recent projects include:
- Design and manufacture of new burner mounting tube and supervision of labour at Terem Shipyard Varna in Bulgaria during installation on-board PetroNav Ship Management’s 93,193 dwt bulk carrier Alcmene. This work will be repeated on a further two vessels in coming months.
- Repairs to leaking tubes of the oil-fired steam boiler on board Anglo Eastern Singapore’s 177,876 dwt bulk carrier Unique Carrier while at anchor in Amsterdam
- Repairs to leak in boiler shell on board Irish Ferries’ 31,122gt passenger / car ferry Oscar Wilde while in service between Rosslare and Pembroke
- Various boiler work during a vessel refit, including valve overhaul, weld repairs, cleaning, soot blowers and burner overhaul on board Golar LNG’s 138,000 m3 LNG tanker Methane Princess. Work was carried out in France’s Damen Shiprepair Brest (DSBr) with 15 Green’s engineers on site for three weeks.
- Oil fired boiler tubeplate repairs carried out at Sept-Iles, Canada, on board Bernhard Schulte Hong Kong’s 37,163 dwt bulk carrier Interlink Verity
- Boiler furnace repairs on board Anglo Eastern (Hong Kong)’s 32,519 dwt bulk carrier CMB Virginie in Bordeaux, France
Neil Ford Green’s aftermarket manager says: “The last year has seen our team travel more than 260,000 miles installing, repairing and inspecting almost 200 boilers, economisers and waste heat recovery systems and supplying more than 6,000 spare parts to customers globally. We are gaining a global reputation for our highly responsive and professional service, which we intend to continue to grow.”
Green's provides complete services that ensure its customers’ economisers and waste heat recovery systems operate...
Green’s highly anticipated new high-performance boiler tube bending machine has been delivered to the company's...
Green's was honoured to welcome the West Yorkshire Lord Lieutenant to its site as he...