Maritime Software Solutions
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
BASS is a leading provider of maritime software for ship management and fleet operations. We are dedicated to streamlining maritime operations. Especially designed for ship owners and ship managers, BASSnet™ Fleet Management Systems is a fully-integrated suite of software solutions. The software helps ship operators to perform integrated management of ships’ planned maintenance, purchasing and e-commerce, accounting, payroll, crew management, document control, and safety management.
With the complete software solution, it is easier and more cost-effective for shipping companies to comply with maritime regulations, thereby ensuring safe, reliable and efficient ship operations, including audit management, self-assessments, risk assessments, quality improvement, ship inspections and port state controls, vetting inspections, and accident / incident reporting.
TMSA, the ISM code and protecting the marine environment
In the industry’s drive to protect the marine environment and achieve safe, reliable and profitable ship operations, BASSnet software solutions allow ship owners and ship managers to improve their operations, achieve higher levels in the tanker management self-assessment (TMSA by OCIMF), and ensure compliance with the ISM Code, SOLAS, MARPOL, the STCW convention and other rules and regulations - all with less administrative burden.
Integrated, future-proof ship management software
BASSnet Fleet Management Systems is an integrated, modular-based software solution. This allows shipping companies to implement the solution that meets their immediate needs, adding other BASS modules as their business evolves over time - without having to worry about expensive or complicated compatibility issues.
BASSnet Fleet Management Systems is developed on Microsoft.NET, a stable, future-proof solution. The stability of .NET is especially important in shipping, where shipboard IT environments are vulnerable to a broad range of usage scenarios and various technological standards. Competency levels vary from user to user and crews change frequently, so it is vital to have a robust, easy-to-use and stable system in place.
BASSnet Fleet Management Systems is certified by five major class societies, namely Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Bureau Veritas, ClassNK, Lloyd’s Register and Germanischer Lloyd, and has been awarded Microsoft Gold Application Development Partner status.
Support and remote monitoring of shipboard software systems
For many ship operators, supporting shipboard software systems is expensive, labour intensive and complex, especially when using older, conventional software technology. Often, to ensure these systems continue to function, ship-owners are forced to monitor them closely and install upgrades, software patches, or fixes throughout their entire fleet, vessel by vessel. BASSnet Fleet Management Systems offers future-proof support and remote monitoring of shipboards' software systems.
BASS also backs its customers through a global support network with 24/7 availability, providing advanced diagnostic tools and reliable, technical and operational expertise.
Key performance indicators (KPIS) and monitoring fleet performance
BASS software systems help managers to take control of their ship operations and monitor fleet performance. They provide the transparency for higher management to get the necessary overview of their fleet performance and the alerts can notify them of critical issues that require their attention.
The software systems provided by BASS include:
- BASSnet Maintenance - planned maintenance software for ships
- BASSnet Procurement - advanced electronic purchasing software for streamlining purchasing activities
- BASSnet Document Manager - a powerful software solution for document management in ship operations
- BASSnet Operations - robust software for managing all of a vessel's plans and activities
- BASSnet SAFIR - software for improving safety and quality routines
- BASSnet Projects - a savvy software solution for managing and monitoring a vessel's projects
- BASSnet Risk Manager - software to help manage the process of identifying operational hazards, assessing the risks and responding with appropriate, pro-active control measures
- BASSnet Report Generator - flexible reporting tool that enables users to create and customise reports
- BASSnet Financials - powerful financial software solution for shipping
- BASSnet HR Manager - performs all aspects of crew management for individual ships or rigs as well as large fleets. It optimises crew management work processes and fleet planning in compliance with all mandatory and statutory requirement
PO Box 68
Contact: Mr Haakon Dalan (Vice President, Sales)